Is there a design philosophy behind the decision not to implement permanent viewport construction guides?

Hi Michael,

I've noticed that MoI follows the lead of Rhino and doesn't provide any form of permanent construction guides (outside of those that can be kept on screen via the wonderful keep construction guides family of scripts). Is there a UX design philosophy behind this decision? This isn't a loaded question I'm just interested as to why the decision was made in the first place.

Back in the day when I was learning Rhino my tutor taught us to separate our curves into guide curves and construction curves. The equivalent to this thinking in MoI would be to create a Style/Layer for all of your guide curves separate to your construction curves style/layer.

This way of thinking about guides is alien to those in my team who've only ever used poly modelers seeing as curves are used in a very different manner in poly tools. So I'm also wondering if this workflow is unique to the world of Nurbs modelers per se and not just Rhino & MoI.

Cheers,

jm