Snow Leopard 10.9 problem

6354.13 In reply to 6354.11 
Good morning Michael ...

>> Hi Martin, do you mean your slow launch problem is that it takes around 3 seconds for it to launch? I guess that's a little slower than "instant", but kind of not all that slow in the whole scheme of things. When you were referring to slow launch time I thought you meant something like a minute or so to launch, not just 3 seconds... If you want to speed up that 3 second launch time it maybe you could upgrade your system to have a SSD drive if you do not already. <<

I am not worried about a 3 second launch time, what i was trying to get across was that after removing XQuartz, MoI on first launch took quiet some time before it was displayed. which is fine and understandable. Every launch there-after is a lot quicker, with MoI appearing in something like 3 seconds on a standard SATA drive. I have looked into the SSD side of things but read that they are great to start with but soon slow down after a while although I am liking the PCIe which have capacities that a lot more interesting but the storage per buck is very off putting.>> I don't know what I can do about the slow file dialog problem, especially if it happens in other apps too. I don't think that's supposed to be normal though... Do you maybe have a whole lot of files in the directory that it opens up on to? <<

There's nothing you can do about that issue Michael, it's not a MoI thing, like i said it happens with any app, other than Finder, which suggests it might be using old QT elements or something that have now been dropped, it's annoying, but not devastating and does not stop the work from being completed.

From the links provided https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5495797?start=30&tstart=0 this one has the fix .... Many thanks. As i thought Apple problem nothing else, lol. The price we pay for being early adopters, you take the bugs that have not been properly ironed out.

Many thanks Michael - Another brownie point for you, you really do offer a level of support above and beyond what is your responsibility, simply amazing!!

Martin Spencer-Ford