Removing Extra Edges

6345.5 In reply to 6345.4 
Hi Evren,

> Vector output. Those vertical edges are not meant to be seen.

I was going to say you should just hide the edges then, but it looks like currently the hidden line generation still exports them. I'll see about changing that for the next v3 beta so that if you hide an edge it won't be part of the vector output.

In the meantime probably the easiest solution would be to put those particular edges on their own separate style, then you might be able to target them as a set in your vector editor to delete them.

> So let me ask like this; How do I add more threads to the attached model?

If you want it without any edges you'd need to redo it with boltgen with more threads created right initially for it.

For doing it to the object after it's already been built, the way you did it before would be how to add threads but you will not be able to remove those edges if you use that method, instead of trying to remove the edges from the 3D model you would probably want to delete them from the vector result instead.

I suppose it could be possible to kind of reverse engineer the path and the sweep profile from your extended model by extracting some edges and rebuilding things, then build a long sweep yourself. It would be easier to try and delete stuff from the vector results instead though.

- Michael