OS X 10.9 issues

6339.7 In reply to 6339.6 
Hi Will,

> Gigs of free ram, processor cores near idle the entire time... Any ideas
> as to what else it could be?

Nope, no idea myself... Do you see any different behavior on the first launch versus subsequent launches? Over here the operating system seems to cache things or something and MoI launches more quickly after the first time.

> Re. the multi monitor issue, that is not a workaround I'm willing to use.

Ok, but I expect it's going to be a while before multi-monitor fixes get implemented in XQuartz. It seems to need some kind of fix at the operating system level before it's going to happen, so it will probably take some update to Mavericks itself combined with some unknown amount of time after that before the fix trickles down to MoI.

In the meantime the choices for the Mavericks multi-monitor problems are to either not use Mavericks, not use MoI, or to set that option to uncheck "Displays have separate Spaces". That will also solve some multi-monitor problems in other apps as well.

> I'll look into the touchesMatchingPhase issue; there's likely a temporary workaround.

I tried to do a quick look around about it but I wasn't able to find anything myself. I guess it's probably the part about inView:nil not working like it used to - I guess it's supposed to (and previously did) return touch information without regard to what view they were in, this seems to not return anything anymore.

- Michael