OS X 10.9 issues

6339.10 In reply to 6339.8 
Hi Will,

#2 is problematic because I think that XQuartz does not actually create NSWindows at all, when I looked into how it created windows before it seems to be creating low level CGWindow objects which NSWindow seems to be built on top of.

re: #3 I'd like to do that at some point using Qt but yes as you suspected there is quite a lot of Windows specific code in MoI currently for all sorts of things like process handling, threading, timers, event handling, etc... It will probably take quite a while before I'll be able to convert all of that to any different system, that's the main reason why I'm using WINE in the first place. I think I will do some investigation of this path in the MoI v4 timeframe but it's definitely not something that can just happen right now though.

#1 isn't actually a full solution itself either, because the magic mouse thing also sends scroll events (with a begin gesture event as well) when you move your finger on it like a scroll wheel and those ones need to be allowed through as a scroll wheel event rather than doing panning or rotating at all - previously this was detected by seeing that there were no active touches associated with the gesture.

It seems kind of odd that there isn't any proper API to just return the current active touch information.

Right now I guess I'll just wait and see if it's a bug that will hopefully get fixed in a future OS release.

Thanks for looking into it.

- Michael