The joy of construction lines (and a few other thoughts on my first week with Moi)

6333.7 In reply to 6333.5 
> I guess maybe it's possible in your case that you feel you need to have this particular UI set up because you do need it in Rhino? But you need it in Rhino because of how >some of Rhino's object snaps work where some of them kind of hog attention and so can't be just left on all the time.... The same issue has been designed out of MoI's >snaps specifically so you don't need to constantly enable/disable individual snap types in MoI.

And you've succeeded magnificently well in this department. As I mentioned I my first post the overall construction lines/object snapping workflow is the thing that has impressed me most about MoI. It's just a personal preference that probably has more to do with how I use snapping in my polygonal software suites - C4D & Modo, both of which have vastly inferior snapping to MoI hence my reliance on Sketchup for polygonal prototyping (which also has excellent snapping via it's inference workflows). It's nothing specifically to do with MoI or Rhino, I just at times (especially on detailed models) I like to turn down the 'visual clutter' of having every snapping indicator flash in my viewport.

Apologies if I appeared in any way over-critical, I hoped I was being constructive about my own personal experience with MoI. An experience which in the main has been nothing but pleasurable.

jm