The joy of construction lines (and a few other thoughts on my first week with Moi)

Thanks for the reply Michael.

In general I'm all for keeping things simple, approachable and accessible, so I think your plans for a UI based scripts/plugins library sounds great.

At the moment there appears to be a lot of fragmentation of available resources for customisation of the MoI user experience & toolset. I understand that MoI is a 24/7 thing for you (judging by your responsiveness on this forum) but it's a pity that new users have to search across a range of resources to find quite simple things (seeing as both Petr's script resource and the Wiki are over a year behind current developments. A prime example from my own usage patterns this week is that I was looking for a way to have the object snaps permanently open (as I like to change these on the fly as I work) and it took a number of searches on the forum for me to find the script/html file I was looking for. I would consider this feature to be core to MoI and not a 'power user' feature and the sort of thing that should be easily accessible.

I'm sure you have enough on your plate getting the V3 version officially released in the coming months and you probably have a long queue of worthy feature requests to implement in the V4 dev cycle when that begins so I just wanted to highlight a few observations of my experiences so far. Overall I'm still astounded at how you've made such a deep modeling technology so accessible (no small software/UX engineering feat) and I'm glad that this is still your primary design goal. As great as Rhino is, the last thing the world needs is another nurbs modeller with thousands of commands to clutter the UI/experience (the vast majority of which will remain untouched by the majority of users).

jm