MoI wishes and remarks

6330.2 In reply to 6330.1 
> • In some tools, such as the scale tool and the sphere radius, when you go to the numerical value entry, there’s no live update in the viewport, and when you press Tab or Enter, the value is applied. So if the scale value isn’t to your liking you have to undo, activate the tool again, set the center again, and enter a different value. There are a few other tools that behave this way when values are entered. Would love to see that changed for convenience.

I usually draw/scale with mouse and monitor realtime values then round those decimal values for my liking by entering a value in numerical input box.

> • I’d love the UI to remember which Objects / Types / Styles roll-outs I had open in my last session. Now you have to click them open again with each new session.

Michael recently commented about this. He said he's gonna embed those rollout states inside .3dm file so one can use it as a startup template. Hopefully with next beta...

> • Moving selections by using the cursor keys (with a key like Control for moving 1/10th of a unit). I noticed there’s a plug-in script for this, but it would be great if it would be a standard MoI function.

As you noticed there's a script called nudge which works flawlessly. Michael is the one wrote that script so it's more like a built-in feature :)

> • Soft selection option for points with adjustable influence / falloff, so you can move one point and influence neighboring points. This would be very useful for manipulating curves, surfaces and solids with many points.

It's probably gonna ruin smoothnes of curves but I'm not sure about it.

> • Option to set the number of points in a curve during creation, especially for circles and ellipses.

A circle ellipse or any other primitive is created with minimum required points but if you want a special curve, you can change point number of curves easily with "rebuild" command.
- Evren