Shortcut key command scripting

6309.6 In reply to 6309.5 
I need to clarify something about my comments on shortcut keys. Just my thoughts. :)

You may be asking why not just use single characters for commands. Well, with a variety of commands that start with the same letter, it makes it difficult. You have to be creative with character combinations, but its a really efficient way of working.

With the hand on the left side of the keyboard for entering shortcut commands and using the spacebar as enter, it only makes sense to use the keyboard as if you were typing a letter, etc. The modifier keys are somewhat out of reach and awkward at times. Hitting Shift+Alt+P is not an efficient way of working.

Here are some examples, but are somewhat outside of using their first character. These allow you to work without looking down for keys.

ST=line
STT=pline
RT=rotate
RV=revolve

If you look at where L is for line on the keyboard you would most likely have to look away from the screen. With Pline its the same. P and L on the keyboard is a bit odd for the left hand. The ST was an alternative for (straight).

These may seem strange, but it allows the left hand stay put and you work from left to right. After each you hit the spacebar.

AutoCAD has figured out how to let the user keep things simple by simply using the alphabet on the keyboard. You can use a single character, two, or three. Modifiers are a strange way of working. It is easier to remember L for line then it is to remember Shift+Alt+L or any combination of that. Look at the spacing of the keys.

Again, just my thoughts. :)