Shortcut key command scripting

6309.10 In reply to 6309.9 
Hi william,

> I just read about Michael's vision for his software and the use of the pen tablet. I, on
> the other hand, have been going on and on about shortcuts for the keyboard. I'm kinda
> going against his vision, I think.

Even though the tablet focus was the original vision for the software, it's become less of a specific focus as time has gone on, just because more people are interested in just the more general "ease of use" type aspect. There are more people using MoI with a mouse than with a tablet.

> I have been looking at pen tablets over the past few months and would be interested
> in using MoI on a tablet.

There may not be much of a reason to get a tablet if you are not already used to using one. MoI's tablet stuff isn't about special things that are only activated when you use a tablet, it's more that the UI is designed so it's not painful to use when you're on a tablet (which is frequently the case with a lot of software).

If you have previously spent a lot of time drawing then possibly a tablet would feel comfortable for you. If you've already spent most of your time using a mouse it may be pretty awkward.

So it's not that you _need_ to have a tablet to use MoI, it's just that if you are already using a tablet, MoI can work well with it. It works fine with a mouse too though.

- Michael