MOI future development

6304.24 In reply to 6304.22 
Thank you for your advice, Milkywaif, much appreciated. I will check out a lot of tutorials and practice with MoI the next weeks.

I'm a freelance designer and illustrator from the Netherlands, and have worked with 3ds Max from 1998 to 2012. By then the high pricing and only-once-a-year, relatively minor updates of Max really started to bother me, and I discovered that Blender had surpassed Max in terms of completeness.

By now I know Blender very well, and use poly modeling for just about anything, but I've always been interested in exploring NURBS modeling. My expertise is shifting from illustration to modeling for 3D printing, and I'm falling in love with the accuracy, filleting, easy shelling and more of NURBS. 3ds Max and Blender have NURBS, but the possibilities do not come close to the usefulness of MoI's NURBS tools.

Also, from time to time, customers request a solids file format, such as IGES or STEP, and I always have to excuse myself for only being able to export polygon-based formats, while MoI can export to both NURBS and poly formats.

EDITED: 27 Nov 2013 by SEVENSHEAVEN