blend problem

6251.10 In reply to 6251.5 
Hi mjs,

> Michael G - if you appear, is edge selection order a normally picky? I typically try to use reasonable starting
> positions when I am blending, lofting, sweeping, etc.

Some commands do pay attention to the pick side to decide on a direction, like _curve_ blend will use the end closest to where you clicked as the place to attach the curve blend, one rail sweep uses the end closest to the pick point for the start of the sweep. But for profile curves that are being combined together to make a surface, that does not depend on the click location, things like loft and surface blend automatically decide which direction to orient things by using a twist minimization calculation. If the automatic determined direction is wrong then in the final stage of the command you can click on a profile to reverse it there.

> but in this case it when it worked the second time for
> me I went in the opposite direction as before and started both selections in a different area than the first
> time. Fluke? Luck? Or does it sound like I ran into a rare issue?

Over here I can't seem to reproduce a failure using any type of different pick sequence. But if you accidentally did not select some piece, that could explain getting a bad result...

- Michael