New User lots of questions

Michael,

Thanks for your prompt response and interest in my questions. Sketchup made me fall in love with modelling because it was so easy and intuitive. MOI is doing the same for me. I know this happens when I can't stop thinking about the possibilities in the few things I've learned. I've seen the model that spezio has created - looks great. Is there any way I could request more video tutorials from the smart guys in the forum? Those are really helpfull for modelling noobies like me.

In terms of Architecture - I wasn't talking about a componant based system of prefabricated door and window parts. I like your software because it seems like truely unique explorations could occur. Here is what I'm thinking about. I do lots of renovations/alterations to existing structures. I usually model all struture in Sketchup and texture it in that program as well. I was hoping to have the ability to bring that kind of model into MOI to explore different non-orthogonal options. SU is great for orthogonal stuff - even some non-orthogonal stuff as well. But greater freedom is definately attainable in MOI. That is why I'm thinking about. Check out this website.....http://www.ocean-north.net/

I also use Kerkythea (primarily) for rendering. In terms of workflow I'm thinking I would bring my model into Kerky via SU...... I haven't explored the possibility of importing into Kerky directly......not sure that is even possible. How do other people render their MOI projects?

Thanks so much for the links you attached - the ability to use shortcuts should really boost my productivity. I'll post something as soon as I feel I've done worthy of a post. Thanks everybody.
Ypnos