Working with text option

622.13 In reply to 622.11 
> The best way I can describe the effect I wanted is to dip your finger in
> water and draw the letter P on a shiny surface, ( I know, I would have
> to think of this now, wouldn't I?).

Hmmm, so I guess you mean a type of liquidy or bubble type shape?

It might be easier to understand if you had a closer example picture or sketch! :)

If you want something really rounded and liquid like, it won't be easy to manipulate that "P" character from that font into that. That's because that P has a bunch of sharp corners in it.

Smooth/bubbly/liquidy, and sharp crisp corners are not easy to combine together. They're almost like matter and anti-matter... :)

So If you want to create something very smooth and bubbly, you're better off drawing some curves to make a custom "P" form rather than using the crisp sharp letters from a regular text font and trying to produce smooth bubbles from that.

Here is another example - here I drew a couple of curves to form a path of a "P", and used Construct / Sweep to create a kind of tube that sort of drags a profile along that path. Is that closer to what you had in mind?

Another thing you may be interested in is this technique that uses sweeping with 2 rails to make "blob" type forms: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=415.2

- Michael
Attachments: