Hidden line removal progress

6201.34 In reply to 6201.27 
Hi eric,

> Just using the viewport display as an example ... I would like to be able to export to .pdf with this look.

Yeah I think that will be possible. Probably by default the hidden lines on PDF export will not be displayed but I'll put in an option for having them and when they are enabled it would make sense to give them a faint dashed line style in the PDF file as well I think.

> Now when I export to pdf the hidden lines are solid and as strong as the outer edges.

Yeah in the current version it's just a total wireframe export with no hidden line determination happening at all, this new stuff I'm working on is a major change in this area.

> However, the hidden lines only show as dashed when I zoom in as far as my display allows
> but when I save the normal sized screen display to the clip board and then import it in PhotoShop
> the hidden lines are simply faint light lines ... so if I had a choice I would like the hidden lines to
> display as somewhat thicker than they are now and a little more broken.

Are you using a keyboard shortcut script to do the transfer to photoshop currently? Can you please post the script that you're using? It's probably possible to adjust the script to increase the line width and that ought to make the dash pattern scale up as well so the spaces between dashes won't be so tiny. Right now the dashes are probably so tiny in comparison to the rest of the image that they blur all together.

- Michael