Hidden line removal progress

6201.284 In reply to 6201.283 
Thanks Ed,

Corel made some improvements to the tracing feature after X4, as X3's tracing was just horrible. I'm using X6.
As tracing line-art is a staple of my daily work I religiously use Corel 12's stand-alone TRACE program. It lends itself to hand-drawn art and will take bitmaps of virtually any size.
But for some stinking reason they dropped it at X3. I keep a version 12 CD in store, but I worry that I'll lose it someday.
I prefer AI's trace next to that one, which is a vestigial of Streamline, but since I use Corel as my primary and AI as secondary, I rarely touch AI's tracer.
X6's is not that great on drawing but actually does well with basic logos and simple fonts inside of logos.

There are very few setting offered, but they do allow you now to get stacked objects like the old TRACE as an alternative to the odd cut-out ones.

I've been wishing for an output feature like this for a while, but since this came under my radar, I'm just now grasping the possibilities.

I would like there to be some way to get a filled vector shape instead of the bitmap, but I know that for one, the bitmap is rendered from surface polys - and two; the outer outline silhouettes consist of many broken and oddly overlapped segments. A white bitmap would work fine, but all said, this request can be satisfied with a bit of quick levels and trace work in Corel. I ain't complainin' ;-)