Hidden line removal progress

6201.263 In reply to 6201.259 
Hi Max,

> Hi Michael, what I am talking about is: I made a simple cylinder and exported as DXF the front view.
> Then I open the DXF in MoI or AutoCAD. I notice that in some corners the lines aren't touching
> if I zoom closer. This brings me some issues for later, for hatching etc..

When you export to DXF format, the DXF export options dialog also has a "Canvas megapixel resolution" option in it - try increasing that from the default of 15 to something like 30 and that will increase the accuracy of the hidden line generation, you'll still have some gaps but they will be smaller.

I'm going to see if I can improve this further though. There will still likely be various kinds of cases where you will need to do cleanup of things in order to make a closed outer boundary for things like outlines where the outline is at a spot with multiple different surfaces all contributing to it.

For a cylinder case where it's one edge that's getting hidden because it's wrapping around to the hidden side, I think I can do something to get that situation tuned up without too much fuss though, I'll see.

- Michael