Astonished free mechanical prog

6186.30 In reply to 6186.29 
Hi arekm,

> Anyway I wonder what is problem with loading this sat file
> http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/bulk-cable-holder.sat in moi3d.

It seems to be an invalid ACIS file - I tried reading it into ViaCAD and it does not read it either - ViaCAD reports "ACIS READ FILE SURFACE DATA ERROR".

I'm not all that intimately familiar with ACIS files so I'm not 100% sure what the specific problem is, but it's likely to be either it's a customized variant of SAT format intended to prevent file transfer to other programs (DesignSpark is intended to have limited file transfer abilities), or it may be using features from a newer version of ACIS (ACIS is the geometry library where SAT files originate from) than what either MoI or ViaCAD supports.

If it's because of using newer and unrecognized versions of ACIS entities in the file, that can usually be solved with regular file transfers by setting an option for what particular version of ACIS to target with the generated .sat file - setting it to something like SAT version 8 will then be more likely to use entity types that will be recognized by MoI's ACIS format reader. But since DesignSpark is specifically designed to limit file transfer abilities they probably don't have any options for that in that particular package.

- Michael