Head in NURBS

6182.14 In reply to 6182.10 
Hi Bard,

> Why not to start a contest for the most beautiful nurbs-head made ​​with MoI? ...

Because as I explained above already, MoI is not the best tool for that particular task... So it wouldn't make sense to me to promote a contest which is centered around something that's not a target area of the software overall.

The main advantage with sub-d modeling in this area (making complex organic skins like a face or creature body), is that the sub-d control cage can have arbitrary topology and generates a smooth result.

NURBS modeling has its strengths in much different areas than doing faces - NURBS modeling is very strong for mechanical shapes and forms largely driven by 2D profile curves. A face is an entirely different kind of shape than that.

> <...> there is always some ingenious modellers just waiting to reveal their talent.

In this case I'd compare it more to: "use the right tool for the job at hand". It's like saying you want to build something but only use a screwdriver to do it, because it's theoretically possible to pound in nails using the bottom of a screwdriver. But it's an awkward and time consuming process as compared to using a hammer to do that job instead.

MoI is a tool that's been designed specifically to make certain kinds of model construction to be easy to do, but the area that it's focused on is completely different than what you are talking about here.

- Michael