Background Image Script?

6162.3 In reply to 6162.2 
Thanks Michael!

I've attached a quick example. In this example the image sequence is not starting at 00000, but it is otherwise pretty simple (no missing frames or spaces in the filenames).

For each frame I've created an object with the same name. I've embedded the images in this example just to make sure you can see what is going on (embedding would not be normal or desired, I turned it on only to make sure you could see the images in the example).

I've gone ahead and created a simple piece of (somewhat inaccurate) geometry to show what the end output might look like (for example, there is equal spacing between the curves from each frame). I would expect the that the user would create the z-spacing manually (unless it is easy to change the z-position of the Unnamed geometry automatically based on a user specified value in between each image load, which would of course be a helpful option). From a user operations standpoint the user is essentially extruding out a model from the image sequence layer by layer.

I can go through and do this example step by step in separate files if this would be more helpful to illustrate the process, just let me know!

I'm always amazed at how quickly you respond to support requests. Thanks again!

All the best,
FDP

UPDATE: Also, I realized that in the example I have separate background images for each frame. I just did this to get them all in there to show the process. I don't think this would be desirable in the implementation, as you could ultimately have hundreds of frames (which would lead to a painful amount of background images).
Attachments: