IFC export

6161.2 In reply to 6161.1 
Hi Max, I don't really know anything about IFC format myself so that makes it hard to even get started on a feature like that, it would probably involve a lot of time spent researching convoluted technical documents before I'd even know where to start.

So it's not likely to be something that I'd be able to develop totally from scratch anytime soon.

Do you know if there are any libraries that help to work with IFC format? If there are that may help to get things going for implementing it without as much time spent needing to understand every little detail of it myself directly.

It may also be that IFC format being very focused on architecture expects particular model elements to be identified as windows and doors and things like that - currently MoI just does not organize models in that particular way so it could be possible that a lot of rework of MoI's own model structure and even working program flow would need to be modified a lot in order to produce data that was suitable for that format.

So it would not be surprising to me that something like this would amount to some multi-year long project...

- Michael