New user: problems with a fillet

Hello.

I'm a very fresh user of MoI trial version. I find the program very fun to use and I think it would be a great if I integrated it into my pipeline.

However, today I have encountered a problem to which I cannot find any workaround. I'm not new to NURBS, but I lack experience in modelling with this kind of technique, so the problem might be just a user error from my side.

The thing I have trouble with is the fillet of all edges of a relatively simple object (a part of a hinge). It seems that my every attempt to create that fillet ends up with no fillet being created at all. I tried setting up a very small radius, but it didn't help.

On the other hand, if I select one edge at a time, and launch the fillet command, I can see that the program tries to calculate it and then shows a fillet that is obviously wrong.

The shape has been constructed using Sweep command with:
- path curve: consisting of a CV curve and a circle. The circle was cut using the Trim tool and joined with the first freeform curve to create a continuous spline.
- profile curve: which was a closed rectangle.
- boolean subtract operations: in order to cut bolt holes and to create an empty space between those curly... um... things (I'm sorry, English is my secondary language).

Can someone advise me what to do in order to create this fillet and what not to do in order to avoid the problem from occurring in the future?
I've searched the forums a bit and someone suggested to explode the model into surfaces and re-join them again. Is there a command for it, or do I have to copy/paste a single surface at a time?

Thanks in advance.