multitouch on a Bamboo Create touch-capable tablet

The wacom touch tablets are crap IMO.

I bought an Intuos 5 Touch before Windows 8 came out, both because my Intuos 4 pen was broken and because I expected the touch to enable me to use, well, touch. :-)
What I got instead is basically a huge Laptop-Touchpad-like thing that is more in the way than helpful.
It doesn't really interact with Windows 8s touch stuff since it isn't seen as the right touch device, but more like a mouse.

Now Wacom is the worlds leading pen tablet manufacturer and it simply never occurred to me that they would create a touch tablet that isn't usable in absolute mode, like with a pen. If it was, it could be used like a touchscreen (even if not as visually direct) . Instead you are moving stuff around with it like with a mouse and the multi-finger gestures only are used for triggering some commands or emulate mouse movements.

Touch and pen are by default enabled at the same time, and it is very easy to confuse the driver about which to use, so I ended up having to disable touch altogether to make it half usable, otherwise you always trigger something or move something inadvertently.

All their Windows 8 drivers were totally unusable, because the lag with the pen was so large, that for instance if you moved a program window across your screen, from the moment you press down the tip of the pen (left-click) and started moving, it could take up to 2 seconds for the driver to realize what you are doing and moving the window...
The main point of using a pen is fine, direct control, but if the reaction is delayed like that, that is gone.

Wacom blamed Microsoft for it and said, that to get certified for Windows 8, they had to use the Microsoft pen system, and that it was this that creates the problem and one should contact Microsoft. Now if I buy a Wacom Tablet, I'm not prepared to go through the Microsoft Support to make it usable.

Thankfully the Intous 5 Pen is the same as the Intuos 4 one, so I put the Intuos 5 on the shelf, reactivated my old Intuous 4 with an old, pre-Windows-8-driver and was able to work again.

Now just recently, after about a year, Wacom finally released a driver where there is a checkmark to disable the annoying Windows 8 Pen stuff.
So while that doesn't make the touch stuff usable, at least the tablet as such can be used now.

I know this doesn't help with your problem, but I can confirm that Wacoms idea of multitouch doesn't help anybody.

Cheers,

Tom