Help with export to ViaCAD 2D3D for construction drawings

6123.3 In reply to 6123.2 
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the quick response. A few responses to your thoughts. First, I am using the v3 Aug-1-2013 beta. Second, I get the same display as you show when I Save As SAT from MoI and Import into ViaCAD as ACIS SAT. The model looks to be accurate.

I had been focusing on the solid objects (orange parts), and then running the Model to Sheet command on them before playing with dimensions. Your thought about dimensioning in 3D mode before Model to Sheet prompted me to experiment more. Well, in 3D mode, ViaCAD's dimensioning tools do not allow radius, diameter or center marks to be placed on the circles or arcs of the solid objects. I checked the Snaps and both Center and Curve On were enabled. Seems like ViaCAD doesn't see the centers of these objects.

Since the original MoI model still has the original Closed Curves I used to create surfaces and then extrude into the objects (in black, on the bottom of the orange solids), I tried to get ViaCAD to dimension the circles and arcs there, but it behaves the same way. When I select the circle which became the pivot hole of the knee, ViaCAD identifies this as Control Point Spline_49. Seeing this behavior makes me think there is something fundamental that I'm not understanding. I've been making the assumption that I could create a model in MoI, then import it into another tool and dimension it. But it seems that neither the solids nor the surfaces are producing objects that ViaCAD is recognizing as circles and arcs. I'll have to experiment more tomorrow and read more of the ViaCAD manual...perhaps there is something I need to enable, but that seems odd given that the linear dimensioning tools do work.

At this point it seems that the Precise method of the Model to Sheet command doesn't have much to do with this as I'm struggling with getting the radius or diameters to work even in 3D mode.

--Larry