Help with export to ViaCAD 2D3D for construction drawings

6123.2 In reply to 6123.1 
Hi Larry, it seems that I've found before that SAT format tends to be the best way to transfer into ViaCAD, with that format it seems to mess around with things the least amount. Some of the other formats it seems to try to "heal" the model which more often seems to mess things up I guess.

Using your posted model, I saved out to SAT format (SAT file attached here) and loaded it into ViaCAD v8.0 Windows version, and I can't seem to see any missing holes or badly formed areas, I get a result like this:

Do you see something significantly different from that with your own import?

One thing I noticed is that hidden objects show up in ViaCAD when you do a "Save As" out from MoI, I hadn't really noticed that before. To avoid that you can select all and then do a File > Export out from MoI rather than a "Save As" - export will only write the selected objects out to the file you pick rather than writing all objects.

If you're getting something significantly different from the above screenshot, you might try using the current MoI v3 beta rather than v2.52 , you can get the current v3 beta from here: http://moi3d.com/beta.htm

> Do others who have ViaCAD 2D3D v8 see the Precise method available in the Model to Sheet command?

Where is it supposed to show up, is it supposed to be right in the "Model To Sheet" dialog? I guess I don't see it there either, maybe it's only available in the "Pro" version. What happens if you create a dimension on the holes before you run model to sheet, does it come through?

Another inexpensive option for drawing generation on Windows is Alibre, but I don't think they have a Mac version unfortunately...

- Michael