Nsided Patch Problem - V3 Aug 1

Hi Mauro
The aircraft is P39Q Aircobra.
I've tried many different ways than the one posted to get a smooth transition between the wing and fuselage and try to make it look close to the real thing.

> Why split the fuselage in half ? You'll have the seam..difficult to join smoothly

The fuselage is modelled as a whole following Samardac loft method except I used (normal-exact). I've just split it in half to to simplify the task of patching this area. Whether you are patching the whole area or just half, the issue is the same ?

> Why that wide hole underside if the fuselage shape there, is not flat but curved?
> Take a look at side view I highlighted with red arrows..you should model the whole fuselage with Loft or Network, following the yellow line I highlighted,THAN..trim fuselage and do the blend to join the wings

The bottom of the fuselage needs to follow the contours of the underside of the wing, it doesn't have the bottom of the fuselage projecting through the contours except at the front and rear of the wing.

>or..after whole fuselage,start to draw a wing section to trim fuselage than follow Samardac Method:copy first section and paste scaling them when needed to do the Loft...now you have also close to
> point option ;)
> I have tried this way except the real aircraft does not have the contours of the fuselage projecting through underside of the wing. The fuselage shape instead flows smoothly into the contours of the wing >undersurface.

I'm really excited about the Samardac loose loft method & loft to point, however it doesn't allow seamless transition of two surfaces in two directions like patch or network.
I have attached the curves of the wing and fuselage if you could show me a nice way of getting the two to flow smoothly together on the underside of the wing would be greatly appreciated. I think it might be good learning exercise for others as well.

EDITED: 17 Aug 2013 by KEVJON

Image Attachments:
Size: 71.5 KB, Downloaded: 33 times, Dimensions: 694x499px