cruise ship hulk

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if I could ask for your feedback and comments, regarding a cruise ship design project.

I am working on developing a cruise ship concept model through an appropriate software package (I have explored Tribon and AVEVA, though need new current licenses for these).

Its for a large cruise ship, greater than 350 m in length (on the order of Allure of the Seas in terms of facilities and accommodation, for 1100 large cabins).

I want to be able to produce enough detail useful enough for a shipyard to provide cost estimation, based on a package of provisional GAs and specifications.

However I am seeking a way to do this through a pre-built CAD based cruise ship model that could be modified, in terms of length, beam, excetera, to be able to create such a provisional shipyard package, with the expectation I could have a proper naval architecture job subsequently completed, from the ground up, to produce a drawing package that is ready for fabrication.

I would need to find a source for this CAD cruise ship model, and a method to accomplish this provisional package work with the model, and have a Naval Architect check and sign off on it.

For example, there is a cruise model in .dae format, at:

https://grabcad.com/library/cruise-ship-designed-in-google-sketchup-1

The specifications of the cruise ship are not clear, and I am trying to clarify on this. However, it appears to be a cruise ship model similar to the requirements I seek, and which could be potentially modified to meet the requirements of the concept model which needs to be created. Could I ask you for your opinion on this ? Perhaps convert it to an .iges model ? Maybe, it could be lengthened, and built further upon ?

I was trying explore how one could take this model in .dae, and convert it into a useful format.

I was wondering if you would be able to provide any useful information or guidance on how I could accomplish this.

I am up against the wall…lol… I am hoping you can help me with any suggestions.

I will look very forward to hearing from anyone knowledgeable here, and thank you very much for any few minutes you could spare me.

Kind Regards, Respectfully,

Dan