MI 17 V5

Well...first of all we have to keep in mind what is the target

1) model to render
2) model to 3d print
3)model to techical draw and manifacturing

First target don't need an accurate modeling,just smooth surfaces.
I saw all your models Andrei,you make the main part then just assembly the details
take a look at the screenshot where i drew red arrows:those parts are not joined..just "placed"
now try to imagine if the customer wants also the hely printed in 3D:you must have a solid..
this means not only to melt all parts together,but often also fillet most of edges
take a look at the part i highlighted in blue:is not joined and also you have the seam that surely will make problems if filleted.

You don't care of all this things because you'll use this hely for 2D images..and you'are right !!

<<Moi is a tool..just depends by technique>>
I still support idea that here we can do ALMOST everything
I did a lot of complex objects with MOI and also "NOT-CAD" stuff ( pineapple..baguettes..recentely also banana plants..)
Most complex surface i did was front part of 500 Abarth

i spent a month to get that shape,and i knew it wasn't feasible here
Now i say to myself:"Mauro..you are a stupid to insist to get that kind of shapes"
I'm a industry mechanic and manteinance,so i work manually
Firts rule is always to use right tools for assembly-disassembly
i know..you can use the hammer to disassembly a bearing instead of the manual press...
when i did that part of 500 in MOI,i used "the hammer"...because..."i didn't have the press"(the right tool)

That's the reason why i never stop to dream that,soon or later, - "The Messiah" - (T-Splines or something like that) will appear in MOI "to save us" !! :)

Leave critics and weird thoughts apart..let me say to you,Andrei,all my compliments for your renders:Bravissimo!

M

EDITED: 14 Jul 2013 by M-DYNAMICS

Attachments: