MI 17 V5

6028.16 In reply to 6028.11 
Thanks Mike!

I have to admit this is all new to me in a big way. I have been messing with the vectric Software that came with my CNC, but I just haven't been able to get those free flowing curves and recurves that are in jazz guitars and les pauls. As I mentioned in an earlier post I tried a lot of trials like Alibre, bought ViaCad and Max 3D and the UI just didn't seem intuitive, it seemed to get in the way of the drawing and experimenting. The second night i messed around with MOI I was able to create a very nice sort of undulating surface on an LP type guitar top. It was far from perfect but it made my heart race! As to all the technology behind 3D software I am a total novice. In the past I have hand built all my guitars but now want to combine my natural geekiness with my artistic side and this seems to fit the bill. And then let the CNC carve the tops and backs for the most part. Plus you guys have all contributed tons of info on the forum for me to study.

Hopefully I won't ask too many redundant questions, but you guys just point me at old threads if you don't mind and I will study up! I'm loving this so far!

John