Steph's watch

600.5 In reply to 600.4 
Okay,

Here's a question...(remembering that I am a newbie to 3D)..

What process do you use - either mentally or productively in the software - to make sure that all of your half-circle cut-outs all measure up of equal distance around the casing like you did?

I can see how I could master this software pretty easy, however, when it comes to the most productive way to create things, I can see where I might get caught doing things that, frankly, just don't work.

For instance, do you just create one circle cut out, then "rotate" that around a certain x/times at x/degrees? But if you do it that way, wouldn't you come into trouble with the last circle/space between maybe not lining up exactly right? Would you have to do the x/angle math beforehand?

I don't even think this is the right way to do it.

This post, though, may doubly serve as a good illustration of what beginners tend to go through in the "how to create" something, which has nothing to do with mastering the software itself.

Once MOI is released, if there were docs available that did this, heck, I'd purchase instantly.

I guess the dilemma is of the "what steps did they do to create that" variety from a process/technique perspective.

Am I clear in what I am explaining here?

As always, thank you for any input,

- A