Autodesk Fusion 360

5994.4 In reply to 5994.3 
Your experience was similar to mine. I did not beta very long due to the cloud aspect. The cloud is the worst, over-rated hype on the planet. Just think of how much money per minute a larger firm with 20 designers or engineers would lose if their pipeline to the internet went down, even for 15 minutes. Everything else (the modeling) will end up coming down to what features an individual will use and what kind of interface that they like working with. Solution for Cloud - its called dropbox or even a sharepoint server or any other number of ways to access and share data. When we were on SolidWorks we had a server for PDMWorks and it was accessible for our outside offices, again no cloud needed and not hard to setup. No way I would rely on the cloud for important data. I wonder how many people stopped using it just because of the cloud portion?

After fighting with Alibre, now Geomagic, and coming from SolidWorks for a decade and AutoCAD for 10 years previous to that this is a MoI, Rhino, RhinoWorks world for me. MoI is so simple and quick for most designs. Refine in Rhino, add the parametrics that most feature based / history based cad users can't seem to get away from.

TSplines does rock but is a bit much for what I do. However, I would recommend it to anyone who does design using organic shapes. Hopefully AutoDesk won't ruin it with features, scope creep, or just messed up pricing.

My biggest love about MoI, Rhino combo is one format.