Autodesk Fusion 360

5994.14 In reply to 5994.13 
A few days ago I was facing some fillet trouble in MoI. I didnt want to spend to much time troubleshooting the model (how lazy !), so I decide to give fusion360 a try.

First, my version was not up to date ... upgrading (a couple of minutes)
Then, when I finally find how open the application from the dashboard (...), I spend 5 minutes in the interface to find a way to import a model ... and well, you can't ...

Google-ling few sec ... you first have to upload the model on the stupid cloud !

It takes me another 5 minutes to upload the .STP file ... and I have to wait a little bit more for some validation/refresh process. (This part was long enough to make me upload the model a second time :P)

Finally the model was available ... to discover that 360 didn't want to fillet the trouble area either :P

So at the end I spend more than 20 min for something that should take a snap in any other application (File/ Import) ... but hey, the cloud is the future, we all sharing our work
with 10 other friends, it's sooooo cool !

Back to MoI I receive 2 mails from AD, telling me my uploads are ready on my dashboard !

... I just hate it, even as a free app ! ... the fact 'they' now own t-spline is killing me :'(

EDITED: 20 May 2014 by PAQ