How to disable antialiased edges?

5986.4 In reply to 5986.1 
Hi wastzzz,

> As title says, I am having a complex model and the viewport is starting to get quite
> slow. If I hide the edges it runs very smoothly.
> Is it possible to disable the antialiasing for edges?

It's not possible to disable edge anti-aliasing. There is a new setting in v3 for making the anti-aliasing thinner but that is only about appearance: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5961.2

But having antialiasing or no antialiasing does not have much to do with the display speed - the main thing that takes time for displaying edges is the conversion of 3D splines to 2D screen space line segments which happens dynamically on every screen redraw. That conversion would still be happening even if anti-aliasing was not used at all.

If you have an extremely complex model that is starting to bog down then the main way to solve that is by hiding parts of the model instead of having a huge amount of stuff displayed on screen all at once.

In the future I want to experiment with some ways of maybe drawing the curves more roughly with fewer line segments instead of always drawing them very smoothly like it currently does.

- Michael