Security request for future MoI

5937.7 In reply to 5937.4 
Hi Stefan - Thanks for the reply, that would be a nice feature, but it's not what I was looking for.

It's been a long time since i did programming and working directly with file allocation tables. My problem is a recent one and has highlighted a weakness to me. One of my models was taken freely from GrabCAD and posted on a Chinese equivalent where people have to earn credits to be able to download, so effectively making my model no longer free for all to enjoy.

Between these two events I had a back-up drive go belly up on me and a lot of the files were heavily corrupted and could not be salvaged from the drive, my model was among those files. I duly went and downloaded my work files back from GrabCAD, but since it's a copy of a copy that's gone from one drive to another as a "new file" the dates and times those files were created are all different from when i created the model, thus technically speaking, I can't prove when I created the file any more leaving me wide open for someone else to claim its copyright based on date. I don't mind in this case as I shared my file freely and I suppose one could say it's my own fault for sharing it. But it has highlighted this issue to me should I produce something I might not want to freely share in the future.

All the best

Martin Spencer-Ford