Gumball

5925.2 In reply to 5925.1 
Hi mir4ea, possibly in the future, but one big thing that I do not like about the gumball manipulator is that it's very intrusive, taking up a lot of screen space precisely in the middle of your working area.

That level of intrusion is why I instead focused on the 2D edit frame first for MoI, which is the edit frame that goes around your selection in 2D views, which lets you do scaling, rotating, and mirroring, and is low profile enough that you can leave it on all the time.

I do want to have a 3D quick edit mechanism as well, I have not totally decided whether to try for a 3D outer frame kind of more like a 3D version of the 2D edit frame or a central manipulator tool though. Sometime in the future I'd probably like to experiment with a 3D edit frame mechanism as a first try though, I really do not like the huge intrusion factor of some big control going right smack in the middle of your working area. It's been a major focus for MoI to avoid that kind of "in your face" highly distracting type stuff.

- Michael