New SketchUP !

5909.2 In reply to 5909.1 
Being a 2d based artist, painting, drawing, and even clay modeling dragons for 14 years, I've always been a more realistic artist, though I'll do abstract here and there. I was always under the impression that 3D was very hard and confusing, but Sketchup, which was free, sparked my interest in 3D, but also gave me frustration to the many problems and bugs that can lay await inside, (.)_(.). At times I would much rather redraw a whole art piece than figure out 3d's strange happenings here and there. I was always amazed at Sketchup's ease of use, it was one of the first 3D software I've used next to Blender, which was daunting for a beginner, used it even in school, sparking so much interest in my teacher, he changed are Web Design class for Dreamweaver into a Sketchup class. He did this secretly, heck, not even mentioning why we moved away from web design to us, but I already took the class and aced it anyway. In the classroom was another friend and me, I know, small school of around 200 kids about lol. My teacher looked like a little kid watching a saturday cartoon special when I was modeling on the projector lol. It was a very fun class, it was nice to have people actually with you doing 3D, I loved to help them, I literally teached the whole class period sometimes. It's been two years since I graduated, who knows, their might now be a 3D Sketchup class in the computer room, which is UNHEARD of for such a small town in ND, only one college here that teaches 3d, they use 3Ds Max. They both loved Sketchup, which isn't surprising since it's easier than even Cinema 4D, rivaling Moi. I used Pro for awhile, made lot's of things, huge mansions,etc. But I had to leave, since my dreams lay in realism and animation. If it were not for Sketchup, I may have not taken that leap to 3D. (: