Export of a joined surface...

5876.4 In reply to 5876.1 
Hi Michael, it seems that the problem has to do with a kind of problematic trim boundary in this particular area here:

One of the trim boundaries in that area has a little edge piece that kind of sticks out and then doubles back on itself, it seems that this is confusing some part of the processing in the IO library. I'll see if it is possible for it to just ignore the error and keep doing the export but in the meantime I've attached a tuned up version of the model where I have untrimmed the surface in that area that had the doubled-back edge in it and retrimmed it to have a clean boundary and this version now seems to export to those formats ok now.

You may want to work on a model like this that has some pretty tiny little sized details in it at either 10 times or 100 times scale and then scale it down at the end when you're done - some commands target a fitting tolerance of 0.001 units in size and when you have little edges and surfaces that are about that size some stuff can get kind of glommed together in awkward ways.

For a couple of steps in the retrimming operation, I scaled the model up by 100 times in size and then did the trim.

- Michael