Freeform modeling and screen mode manipulation

Hi again Michael !

I think I was reading about your future plans for a deeper history structure a little while ago - that sounds really great, can't wait to try it! It seems like one of the big, important features that will take MOI to the next level.

(Oh and yes - by "regular" 3D programs I meant environments like Max, Maya and XSI as opposed to CAD oriented solutions, for lack of a better word :) )

Regarding the overall subject of intuitive shape creation, it is indeed a bit of a holy grail really ... Sculpting programs are great at organics, but even tho their hardsurface toolsets are steadily improving, it all feels all lumpy to work with. I didn't hear of FreeDimension before, looks interesting (there are still a few videos floating around Youtube). It's a bit of a shame they they closed access to the program, as it was indeed quite promising. According to their new website they seem to be working on a new version, so who knows, it might make a comeback. Anyone here has a copy of the old version from back when it was available ?

Ironically I find that the Network tool in MOI is quite great at solving "random" surfaces defined by their edges as opposed to generated from trims and booleans ; sure enough it often causes pinching and twisting but as a previs tool it is great!

When it comes to sketching object thumbnails, I sometimes use Ink2go over my 3DSMax window - It's a screen annotation software with decent enough sketching tools. But of course having the rough sketches elegantly integrated in the 3D creation environment would be extremely practical.

Anyways - I sure keep a close eye on MOI, since all the features you've been adding always make a lot of sense without sacrificing ease of access and simplicity. Great stuff !