New guy questions - Modo workflow, specifically

So I bought this program a few days ago and MAN is it slick. Love everything about the snapping and the awesome boolean workflow.

My question stems from my desired workflow.

What I would LOVE to be able to do would be to design things in MOI and then export them to Modo in such a way that they would subdivide cleanly when I hit TAB. Right now, there are often loads of artifacts and such that need cleaning up so my options appear to be:

1) Export as high poly a mesh as I can from MOI and just use it in Modo - this kind of works, but I don't get any nice edges - they're all hard and sharp.

2) Export a low poly mesh and fix it up by hand in Modo. This does work but it's a lot of manual labor and I wonder if I will really be saving any time by doing this.

3) Use some sort of combo attack by taking the MOI mesh into ZBrush, remeshing it there, and exporting to Modo. That should work, sort of, but it won't be perfect by any means.

Is there any way to achieve the sort of meshing output that we see in Groboto? The meshes that program puts out subdivide PERFECTLY in Modo. Unfortunately, the UI and the way the booleans work there make it a far less attractive contender than MOI. In fact, put up against MOI, Groboto really only wins on one front - it's mesher is EXCELLENT.

Thoughts for how a new guy can get the most out of his new toy? :)