can't create direct3D device

583.2 In reply to 583.1 
Hi Fredo, there are a couple of different things that can cause this.

Do you know what video card you have on your machine? You can find it under Start / Control Panel / Display / Settings tab, it will tell it after the Display: label.

If you can tell me what card you have I could give you some more information, if you have an older card, it is possible that it might not support the 3D mechanisms that MoI needs to run.

Another thing that has caused that problem in the past is an install problem of your video driver or of DirectX. You may be able to solve this problem by installing the newest version of your video driver. There is also a diagnostic test that you can do, to do that go to Start / Run and type in dxdiag.exe. This will run the "DirectX Diagnostic Tool", if you go to the Display tab, there is a button there "Test Direct3D", if there is any error in running that diagnostic test, then that would indicate some kind of driver or Direct3D install problem.

If you let me know your video card type and the results of running the diagnostic test, I can try to narrow it down from there.

- Michael