Steph probs

582.14 In reply to 582.13 
> If a closed surface is good normally when open it direction of normal must be keeping (?)

Normally it does work this way - I mean that if you have a closed solid and then delete or extract some faces, those faces should retain the same "outside" direction as the closed solid.

However, in this case the surface-of-revolution detection that I added to fix his last example is causing the problem for this model. The bottom part of his model is a trimmed part of a surface of revolution, a cylinder. The surface-of-revolution code is detecting this and orienting the normals outward from that trimmed cylinder piece, which is incorrect in this case. I will update the surface of revolution code to only work if the entire object is a surface of revolution around one common axis, not if the revolution is only one part of a larger assembly like this.

Once I fix up that, then this piece will work properly.

> During modelings of some new objects some curious strangeness things appear
> boolean don't want work or inverse them, chamfer don't work but filet yes (for a same object)...

Sounds strange... It's very difficult to guess what might be going wrong without seeing any example models.

> But one more time it's more effective if Moi can make UV (or normal)
> from the Nurbs Export Obj because when you have 100 objects to remake
> by hand it's some painful :)

I'll also add this to the list of things to work on in the future. It is not very easy to add it quickly because to do a good job since different sized surfaces should take up sizes in the UV map proportional to their area, so that a little tiny corner fillet piece does not have the same number of pixels as a large plane.

I'm basically already over the time that I wanted to spend for finishing up version 1.0, so it is not likely that any major new features requested at this time will make it into the 1.0 release, they will generally have to wait until the next version. But it is still very helpful to hear the requests since it helps me plan for the next version, it will just be a while before some of them will get acted on.

- Michael