Feature request for Fillet...

5803.18 In reply to 5803.16 
Hi Tom, ok I've got a "Calculation failed" message set up now for the next v3 beta, displayed in the same spot as the "Calculating..." - it seems like it should handle the main kind of thing you were asking about.

Also I've got a tuneup that when it fails it should do a better job of reverting things back to the original selection on screen rather than just having the screen stay the same which was ending up showing the last successful calculation result.

It only considers things to have "failed" if nothing at all was generated though, it won't get displayed for the kinds of cases where there was a partial result that was returned.

There isn't any "Calculation succeeded" message, instead what happens is once you edit any parameter to start a new calculation any existing "Calculation failed" message will be dismissed right away and then if it then generates stuff there won't be any message at all there.

But I believe that the tuneup should eliminate any confusion about whether you are seeing any previous calculation or not.

- Michael