nsided patch

5794.5 In reply to 5794.4 
I agree... and on relatively flat surfaces, N-Sided does a nice job.

> Do you have any examples of other CAD software that filled in those holes very well?

Hi Michael,

I have some suggestions (just thoughts off the top of my head):

1)

I'm not sure how this patch thing works:

I know It's in Rhino, it makes NURBS surfaces, and I saw a tutorial video where the guy could choose tangent joints or not for each side with little radio buttons.

2)

It seems straight forward to be able to have a mode that does a logical 4 or 3 sided Blend. It would be kind of a "cross-blend", averaging between each of cardinal directions as far as side orientation.
As if the Blend tool was able to handle two directions in concert.
You can do this with the Sweep tool, taking two edge curves and sweeping them along the adjacent edge curves as rails - but it would make the surface joints tangent!

N-Sided can do this, but I don't think it knows how to work overall tangentcy and surface continuity as Blend does between two surface edges now.

Therefore, the more swoopy, curvy surface/holes, as far as the ones between 3-4 sided holes would make sense.

That would be one I could really use.

3)

Also, the ability for regular 2-separate-side Blend as we enjoy already to be able to see multi-segmented edges as whole surface edges by which to blend between. Not a patch, but a way for MoI to see a bunch of contiguous adjacent edge segments as one edge by which to start or end a two-sided blend to.