Teaching MOI in High School?

5773.5 In reply to 5773.2 
I am attending a teacher's PD introducing (selling) the UP Mini 3d printer next week. I thought I'd take along a file to test it out. I've been working on developing a unit of work for year 9-10 students aligning it with the Australian Curriculum, so I'll take what I've been working on. Mind you, I am really still at the fumbling stage! I have taught Photoshop to that age group and I am aware that images of themselves are important (thank you Facebook) so I'll test out this piece:

I traced an image of my daughter after using a stamp filter in Photoshop. I think it worked well but would have been better with Illustrator, which I'll get around to, eventually. Will the UP Mini recognise the STL produced? Am I making it too complicated, should I take a simple ring file?

Honestly, I think if they are promoting UP to high School students, they should be looking at MOI...Which, of course, I'll mention next week! I know I'm not that competent, yet, but give the students a few basics and their imaginations will do the rest!