Teaching MOI in High School?

5773.27 In reply to 5773.26 
Hi Suzanne, can you please post the 3DM model file for any one of those screenshots that you are showing? Then I'll do a screencast using your specific file showing what you need to do.

One thing is that when you start out you want to have only the things being deformed to be selected, so only your letters should be selected to start with, not the base plane yet. Then when you start Flow you will pick the base plane under the next as the base surface (the base plane should not be selected before this stage or else it will be taken as an object to be deformed), and then you'll do a pick on the target surface. The location of these picks is important for controlling how one surface maps to the other, I will show you for your particular case where you would want to click on each one.

Also one other tip is that maybe you're running into some problems where some construction geometry like some curves used to build things are getting picked instead of the surfaces getting picked. If you have a bunch of curves in those same general areas you may need to hide those so they don't get in your way when you go to pick the surfaces.

Anyway, if you can please post any 3DM model files of those things, then I will be able to answer your question by showing you what to do using your particular model.

- Michael