parametric quotes

Just my general thought, from experience, on adding parametric functionality to MoI, not that it wouldn't be useful however there is a different mindset in modelling, you have to model things whilst thinking ahead and thinking what you have done several steps before so that the elements/features in the model will update nicely no matter what feature is edited, there has to be analytical order when modelling with fully blown parametric software, I do it five days a week, there have been occasions receiving a parametric model that looks awesome but as soon as you try and edit a fillet or a thickness the whole thing would fall apart then it's a matter of 'rolling back' the feature structure to work out what feature is associated with what and fixing and/or reordering the feature tree to make a simple edit work and sometimes this can take several frustrating hours.
When I use MoI I don't have these restrictions, it's refreshing just to model what you're thinking and not thinking about the feature tree and how it will behave, MoI is a unique piece of software I wouldn't call it a CAD program it's more like a hybrid CGI graphics tool, which suits the broad range of users, from engineers, architects, jewellers to artists and graphic designers, I can't see why a jeweller or an artist would use Solidworks or Siemens NX.

MoI already has some parametric editing and history at the parent stage of modelling and deeper history would be nice but we all know that we have to be patient, to enjoy a piece of fruit from a tree we must let it ripen to get the full enjoyment of it's flavour, if picked to soon the flavour is there but not the same.

It's okay to wish or ask for these sophisticated features, however before we do take a visit to the Gallery and see what has been achieved with MoI as it is.

Thanks Michael.

Cheers
~Danny~