simultaneous X and PERP snap line to curve?

5767.7 In reply to 5767.4 
Hi brash, thanks for posting the pictures!

Unfortunately I'm still very uncertain what in particular you're looking for....

You seem to be creating a y-direction construction line but at some arbitrary location, is that correct? Then you are interested in finding the distance from that construction line to the center of the circle? This is one part that is confusing me, why are you looking for that distance when you do not seem to have placed the initial construction line at any key location itself?

Also I don't understand what kind of center point distance you want to target on a "curve without center" - if the curve lacks a center point which point do you wish to measure then, how can a center point be targeted when there is no center point?

Is it that you are trying to measure a particular distance?

If you are having a problem with measuring the distance on a curve that is not a circle could you maybe show a screenshot of that problematic curve with the distance you are trying to measure labeled on it?

Sorry but I am still not at all clear about what you are looking for yet...

If you are looking to measure a distance from a vertical line through the circle's center point then maybe you want to be creating 2 construction lines - one vertical one going through the center point and then drop a second one from your point of interest onto that vertical line...

- Michael