New to Moi......Problem Flowing on to joined surfaces?

Hello
Just been working with the demo of Moi and I am BLOWN AWAY by the simplicity and elegance of the interface!
Michael you are a genius when it come to distilling something down to its essence. Rarely have I seen such clarity and focus.
So congratulations and THANK YOU!@#$...BRILLIANT....I get dizzy now when I look at Rhino's interface and plethora of commands.
Out of curiosity...how does it take an army of people and five years to port rhino to osx and can pull this off on your own??? Remarkable.

That same minimalist approach to the documentation is however frustrating :)
There are some basic things that I cant figure out ...coming from polygon modelling.
Im trying to build a ring by flowing a leafy shape along a lofted surface.
The target surface is drawn from a few arcs which are joined, duplicated and lofted.
When I try to flow onto that surface I can only select a part of the surface and not the whole thing.
Join does not seem to "join" the surfaces or lines. Am I missing something.
Same seems true for constructing curves. When I join multiple segments the seem to remain distinct.
Is there a way to "continue" from the last point of a line that has already been drawn?

While Im at it...can someone clarify the relationship between point on a curve and control points?
Its the points on a curve that seem to break continuity when joining.
Also...and this is a big one....the flow is beautiful, but for the life of me I cannot figure out the underlying orientation secrets.
Surface to surface is more obvious, but how does line to line orient? In Blender I can choose an axis.
Is there a trick in what view or plane the objects are created?

It would certainly be helpful to see line and surface directions in the viewport.
Which brings me to my last question....why is there no wireframe mode,?
Thanks kindly
I have attached an image

EDITED: 2 Mar 2015 by STAVROS