Any Sneak peek of the next beta ?

5721.41 In reply to 5721.40 
Hi Paulo, for that kind of sculpting-like approach I'd recommend using a polygon modeling program just like in those videos - just generally overall a polygon modeler is more suited to that kind of modeling technique, both in toolset and in the model structure itself.

NURBS modeling like MoI is based on is not good for that kind of modeling approach, NURBS are much stronger in generating things from profile curves rather than that kind of "point sculpting" type method.

> and I think this would be the perfect addition to moi since these are
> perfect for fast modeling and design concepts.

It actually takes a quite high level of practice and skill to get proficient in sculpting type workflows, so in a certain sense it's actually not very fast unless you have spent a long time practicing the techniques.

If you do want to try some of those techniques on NURBS models you might try the tools in ViaCAD that steve was mentioning back here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5721.26

In general though that kind of point sculpting mechanism is a very different approach than the "draw profile curves" based approach that MoI is focused on using, so I don't really anticipate including something like that anytime soon, it's just not a very natural fit with MoI's primary modeling strategy.

Different programs and technologies put emphasis on different kinds of techniques - if you want to do point manipulation/sculpting with dropoffs, polygon modelers put a large emphasis on that kind of technique so you would want to use one of them for that.

Someday in the future I would like to try to incorporate polygon modeling tools inside of MoI as well, but that's a long ways off because it requires a very different toolset. And also there are several different polygon modeling tools out there already so that's another reason why it hasn't been a primary focus also.

- Michael