Program moi works like this

 From:  Michael Gibson
5716.2 In reply to 5716.1 
Hi Khalil, although it is possible to create that kind of stuff in a CAD program it is a really pretty difficult area of modeling.

It can be easier to use what is called a "2.5D" program, one that is based on displacing a 2D drawing rather than focused on full 3D modeling.

ArtCAM is a program that does that kind of stuff.

Also you might want to check out some displacement brush type programs like ZBrush, Sculptris, or 3D-Coat, they work more by kind of sculpting a base object by brush strokes and would probably be easier for creating that kind of project.

Those are some other software packages that you might want to investigate some more if you are interested in creating those kinds of designs with kind of sculpted-like details in them.

- Michael